Sunday 1 June 2014

10mm Fantasy Update!

Now then,

Well, nearly a month without an update on the blog! I have had a pretty crap month if truth be told, the worst 2 weeks ever back in the UK when on leave, followed by a crap 2 weeks at work, all told its been pretty rubbish.

Anyway, I have been doing a bit of painting, and after dithering for ages about the best way to base the fantasy stuff up ive finally settled on 40mm squares for standard size units. Nice and small, as storage is becoming a problem, plus it means I dont have to paint (and buy) quite so many figures.

Heres my first attempts!



These are 10mm Copplestone castings half orcs. I was very tempted to paint them as Uruk Hai with the white hand on their shields and banner, but in the end I wanted to make them my own. So yellow flames it is!

These will form the backbone of the evil army, with their long spears and iron discipline.

I have 1 more unit of these to do, then 4 units of half orc longbowmen.

 The Orcs will be based on an 80mm frontage and will be classed as a horde, basically an undisciplined rabble!




These are some 15mm scale minotaurs that I have had in my bits box for years. Im not sure what make they are, but I think I got them free from somewhere...?

Anyway, I thought that I may as well use them in the evil army, I think they have painted up reasonably well, they were not the best sculpts to begin with, and the ankles on 2 of them snapped and had to be repaired with brass rod and green stuff.... I also filed the designs off some of the shields and tried to make them look a bit more battered


The army of evil so far!

Cheers,
Steve

10 comments:

  1. This army of Evil is really impressive, splendid work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, loads more little evil do-ers to get painted!

      Delete
  2. That is some cool looking brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers. They are great figures, just wish Mr Copplestone would expand the range a bit.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fecking hell, that's beautiful work, I have difficulty with his 15mm fantasy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. god only knows how he sculpts so much detail on such small figures, I had to ignore lots of it or id be painting them for hours!

      Delete
  5. Looking good, keep em coming :-)

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...